In order not to lose ground in the market and not to lose the interest of customers, each brand seeks to remind about its product as often as possible. The oldest and most effective way of influencing large masses of people is outdoor advertising. This is an excellent information delivery channel with low selectivity and affecting various categories of consumers, which ensures maximum audience reach. Outdoor advertising is a text, graphic or other visual information of an advertising nature, placed in the open space: on the external walls of buildings and on special street installations.
Thanks to the refinement of existing planning models and the emergence of new technological solutions, advertisers are achieving ever greater effectiveness of outdoor advertising and, accordingly, productive interaction with the consumer. Outdoor advertising has already firmly entered the life of people and is an integral part of the entourage of a metropolis. Now the city landscape is a product of work not only of architects, but also of advertisers. Various outdoor advertising can be ordered in a sign installation company.
Types of outdoor advertising
By the type of structures used, outdoor advertising media are divided into several types. Let’s look at them in more detail.
As a rule, such installations belong to advertising agencies and are leased. Stand-alone structures include:
- billboards – billboards installed in places with high traffic and pedestrian traffic;
- lightboxes – volumetric lighting products, on the front surface of which a film with an image that transmits light is applied;
- three-dimensional constructions – installations made according to individual customer projects (balloons, balloons, three-dimensional figures, etc.);
- pillars – a means of modern outdoor advertising, designed for installation in the central part of the city. Pillar is a trihedron with illumination, on convex or concave fields of which canvases with information are placed;
- prismatron – installations with movable trihedral prisms, which after a certain period of time simultaneously rotate around the axis and fold into one of three applied pictures;
- scooters – light displays that have become familiar, inside of which the images alternate. Recognized as one of the most effective advertising media, as they can attract the attention of people passing by.
Placed on the planes of buildings (outdoor advertising on buildings):
- posters – large-format paper posters pasted in public places;
- banners – banners of dense material. Advertising technology is applied to them using large format printing technology;
- firewalls – large-format canvases that stretch onto the wall of a building;
- shop windows are the most important means of outdoor advertising. They can be glued with a special film with a pattern or decorated using goods. Such low-cost advertising guarantees an increase in profits at minimal cost;
- sign boards and brackets – structures, as a rule, located on the facade of the building at the entrance to the institution, office or store. Contain the name of the organization, symbol, pattern or icon. They are flat and voluminous, with and without backlight;
- marquises – sun canopies on which a drawing or text is applied;
- roof installations – quite complex and costly, but prestigious and effective designs.
As carriers of advertising information vehicles are used. This is a low-cost and effective way to promote products. An advertising customer can apply it to corporate cars or enter into an agreement with a bus fleet. In the first case, the cost of an advertising campaign will be minimal, and it will quickly generate income.